CHARLENE MULLEN NEW SHOP

Monday 11 August 2014

Welcome Monday, I hope you all had a good weekend and are feeling ready to take on another week!! 
For me, it has been quite an stressful and eventful weekend, but I have now returned to normality. 

A few weeks ago I went to visit designer Charlene Mullen's NEW shop in London, located at 7 Calbert Street, Shoreditch. I met Charlene back in 2008 at 100% design, and since them have followed her career and success. The more I get to know her, the more I respect and admire her hard work and determination, of course it helps that she is lovely. Not every designer out there, has the desire to open a shop, but I think that for us, it is very important to have a showroom where people can come in to appreciate the products and talk to us face to face.

Some of us work from home (me), some others have studios/workshops, but opening a shop, is altogether a different responsibility and big risk that at some point in our business, we may decide to take on, knowing that we will have to face the shop keeping as well as carrying on with the designing and running of the business. For all these reasons are more, I send you, Charlene, my congratulations, for making your gorgeous shop happening, long life to it young lady!! 
One of the her latest products, is a collaboration with Royal Doulton, a striking B&W new tableware range of ceramics, now available at her shop, and other retailers. I have my eye set on the dinner plates!! 
What to find in her new shop, her signature cushions, lampshades, cute cats and a selected range of other interior's products from some of the best British designers and artists. 
Photos by me

No comments:

Post a Comment